Question to those who have taken the BR course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heidegger

Lover Boy Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if the BR updates their books each year. The reason I ask is because I have a friend who has the 2000 edition of the BR books and I?m thinking of purchasing them from him, however if the BR has 2003 or 2004 editions of the books I just might buy the latest edition of their books new. How often do they update their books?

Members don't see this ad.

They do update, and are in the process of doing so (I was asked to proofread the books). I think you should be okay with older editions, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLAstudent said:
They do update, and are in the process of doing so (I was asked to proofread the books). I think you should be okay with older editions, though.

Thanks for the info, UCLAstudent. Btw, what?s the publishing year of the most up to date BR books? 2003 or 2004? And lastly, do they plan to release updated books for the 2005 MCAT or will they stick with the most up to date BR books for next year?

hey pal, do yourself a favor and try to get TPR. by far, the best in preparation, at least in the sciences.

MadameLULU said:
Berkley Review- based out of cali

Interesting... how are their courses and materials? Do they sell review books on the retail market?

Heidegger said:
I was just wondering if the BR updates their books each year. The reason I ask is because I have a friend who has the 2000 edition of the BR books and I?m thinking of purchasing them from him, however if the BR has 2003 or 2004 editions of the books I just might buy the latest edition of their books new. How often do they update their books?

Oh my god, is that your real picture? Get off of SDN and back into my magazine :laugh:

Heidegger said:

i have berkeley review stuff i want to sell. the stuff is brand new. i didn't use their materials after all (i used princeton). anyway, you can PM me if you want to know more about it.

uclakid said:
i have berkeley review stuff i want to sell. the stuff is brand new. i didn't use their materials after all (i used princeton). anyway, you can PM me if you want to know more about it.

I just sent you a PM, UCLAkid.

derf said:
hey pal, do yourself a favor and try to get TPR. by far, the best in preparation, at least in the sciences.

A bit late for August test-takers, but I politely disagree. Of course, it depends on how you learn, but multitudes of passages was the way that worked for me - and if you want that, you'll get a lot more practice from BR books.