Question to Utah students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ausmil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to bother everyone, but I had a quick question for medical students. I was wondering what schools seemed to like out of staters? I have the MSAR, but I wanted some opinions from people who are in medical schools. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was a U of U undergrad. And I moved to TX after my freshman year. The only way to get in to TX schools is to be a resident (for the most part). I am a first year at Tex Tech.

So good luck getting into a TX school from out of state!

My school (Medical College of WI) accepts about 40% of its students from out of state. After Wisconsin, of course, the state with the highest representation in my class is Utah, with California coming in a close 3rd.

Members don't see this ad :)
I attended WSU many long years ago. Creighton and GWU are two schools that seem to like UT students. I'm at GWU right now, and there are 3 UT students in my class (not including myself).

I think that Utah sends alot of students around the country because there is only one small school in the state, and so many incredibly well qualified students are produced from schools like BYU and UofU. BYU must send medical students everywhere! But if you are in Utah and are wondering if other schools will be interested in you, then yes you will do well. Alot of schools like the Utah students because LDS students are unique in many ways. There are great qualities that people in other parts of the country really appreciate. I am sure that you should have no problem interviewing around the country.

Alot of people I know interviewed at Uof Vermont, and the school seems to really like Utah students.