Question with research on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoyohomieg5432

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few posters/oral presentations of research that I've been involved in, however I was not the one that presented them.

How do we incorporate these into our application? Do I still add them under 'poster presentation' even if I didn't technically present it?

Also.. Do we add 'research experience' for each thing? Say I worked in a lab for 6 months on a project and ended up doing an oral presentation from it.. Do I add it as an oral presentation and then add a research experience and elaborate more on my role? Or do I just add it strictly as oral presentation

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. There is a spot for authors/presenters under "poster presentation", so just list yourself as whatever author you were on the poster, even if you didn't present it (like 2nd or 3rd author, etc). If you already have a lot of publications listed, and you are only 4th author on this poster though, I probably just wouldn't list it.

2. Yes, I would list them separately- do "oral presention" and ALSO a "research experience", in order to (as you said) elaborate on your role for 6 months of time.