Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknykid1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering..

I have been receiving a whole bunch of secondaries (prolly from schools that dont really screen or whatever). But on a few of them I'm thinking of not sending in the secondaries just cuz i dont want to be a "reapplicant" to every school on the list of schools that I designated on AMCAS. So, do you all think that if i were to get out now by not sending in my secondaries to those certain schools i will not be considered a reapplicant next year if i decided to apply to the schools??

I know this sounds confusing but I couldnt figure any other way to phrase it.

thanks.

plus its 1 in the morning.

Members don't see this ad.

To my understanding...you have to go through the AMCAS to withdraw application for those schools if you don't want to be a re-applicant if you decide to apply again. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

actually I found out the hardway...

that your automatically a second year applicant even if you dont apply to those schools! well that is what amcas told me

I had a death in my family last year, so I didnt send any secondary application...however, AMCAS did process my application.....but I am still regarded as a second year applicant FOR ALL Schools! SO STUPID...I wish I knew..oh well screw it!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for hte info ppl

Why are you setting yourself up for failure assuming that you will have to apply next year? Don't think negatively. If you apply to as many schools as possible (or as many as you can afford ;) you will increase your chances of getting in, and hopefully won't even have to think about applying next year.