question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foofighter7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey people...i have 1 question...basically i am so sick of studyin for this MCAT test...i will be a senior at UT austin this fall...and was supposed to take the mcat in august 2005, delayed it...then delayed it again in april bc i ended up taking a full laod and couldnt study for both my classes and the mcat...anyway...i have a 3.7 but the last 71 hours ive maintained a 3.9..the highest mcat i took i scored a 22...and i dont know if ill be able to make the "amazing 30" even if i devote my entire summer to it...so basically im curioud for all u in med school now....do u know anyone who had a 3.7 but has improved every semester but had below a 22 on the mcat?

if not...can anyone give me some motivation to go out there and study!

thanks ppl

Members don't see this ad.

foofighter7 said:
hey people...i have 1 question...basically i am so sick of studyin for this MCAT test...i will be a senior at UT austin this fall...and was supposed to take the mcat in august 2005, delayed it...then delayed it again in april bc i ended up taking a full laod and couldnt study for both my classes and the mcat...anyway...i have a 3.7 but the last 71 hours ive maintained a 3.9..the highest mcat i took i scored a 22...and i dont know if ill be able to make the "amazing 30" even if i devote my entire summer to it...so basically im curioud for all u in med school now....do u know anyone who had a 3.7 but has improved every semester but had below a 22 on the mcat?

if not...can anyone give me some motivation to go out there and study!

thanks ppl

Isn't the fear of not improving from a 22 enough motivation?

But to answer your question, a 22 will kill your chances at an allopathic school no matter how high your GPA.

signs011.gif

Figure out why you’re getting a 22. Is it the material itself or are you having trouble finishing on time? Maybe you’re just not comfortable with standardized tests…
Whatever the problem is, find a study strategy and schedule that works for you and stick to it. If you try there is no way that you can’t rise above that 22. Just figure out what is giving you trouble (easier said than done, I know) and work at it.

Good luck. :)