This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2000
Reaction score
If you need a program specifically to take the standard med school courses required for admission because you did not take the required science major courses as an undergraduate, or took them too long ago and/or the grades were not too good, there are some formal programs. Some you may not be eligible for.

It has a link to another listing of postbac programs.

Alternatively, you can register as a matriculated or non-matriculated student at a convenient local four year college, preferably with a premedical advisor who may or may not assist you). Usually, a matriculated student pays lower tuition and has registration priority over non-matrics, a not inconsiderable advantage.

It does make a difference where you go.

I can help you with this. No charge, no contact other than e-mail and only for advice on this question.

[email protected]