Questions about 2ndary Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wowzer

daaaaaamn homie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have had experience doing research or other scholarly work, please describe your experience, including the question you pursued and how you approached it, your results and interpretation of the results, and any thoughts about what this experience meant to you. (3,500)

If you were working on an independent research project and you have not been able to get a substantial amoutn of results as of yet, can you jsut talk about what you have done so far and what you expect the results to be?

Members don't see this ad.

4. About how many hours per week, if any, did you spend in work for which you were recompensed during the college year? (200)

Are they asking for just the number of hours/week average from all jobs and months worked, or do they want a lsiting of each job? Becuase...

5. What sort of work did you do (include summer employment)? (1100)

...asks for the lsiting of each job.

Also, can you leave out very short-term work experiences that you thought were insignificant?

5. Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment (100 characters)

- Can "an area of medicine" include focusing on improving the quality of meidcal care in underserved areas, or does it have to be a "specialty?" (e.g. cardiothoracic surgery)?

Members don't see this ad :)
2. If you have already completed your education or if you do not plan to be a full-time student during the current academic year, list in chronological sequence your previous and/or planned activities since graduation. (1800 characters)

Does this question also apply to those graduating a semester early (and thus will be full-time for the fall 2005 semester) and doing other stuff for the several available months?

1. Have you had any personal experience or relationship with Washington University (1800 characters)

Can this be a pre-college experience where one was directly invited by the University to a cultural diversity program at Wash U?

wowzer said:
If you were working on an independent research project and you have not been able to get a substantial amoutn of results as of yet, can you jsut talk about what you have done so far and what you expect the results to be?

I had a similar experience. I wrote about my responsibilities, what the study was about and concluded that lack of data or inconclusive results are sometimes part of the process.

wowzer, I'm merging your threads about secondary questions into one thread. I don't want the other users to feel that Pre-Allo is getting flooded.

But feel free to continue asking your questions within this thread.

wowzer said:
5. Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment (100 characters)

- Can "an area of medicine" include focusing on improving the quality of meidcal care in underserved areas, or does it have to be a "specialty?" (e.g. cardiothoracic surgery)?

Yes, I think improving quality of care for the underserved is a perfectly appropriate answer.

wowzer said:
4. About how many hours per week, if any, did you spend in work for which you were recompensed during the college year? (200)

Are they asking for just the number of hours/week average from all jobs and months worked, or do they want a lsiting of each job? Becuase...

5. What sort of work did you do (include summer employment)? (1100)

...asks for the lsiting of each job.

Also, can you leave out very short-term work experiences that you thought were insignificant?

I haven't filled this out for CASE or Colubmia yet but my answers would be as followed:

4) 10 hours/week - UCB Library Systems Office

5) Computer technician for all campus libraries. Troubleshoot computer problems, both software and hardware, reported by library staff and patrons. Responsible for all public terminal securities. (i had no other jobs but i had a few "volunteer work" which do not belong in this section.)

UPDATE: I just realize there is no section for volunteer/unpaid work. I guess iw ould enter all my unpaid work into #5 since it didn't specify what kind of work is it refering to.