Questions about AZCOM surrounding area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NNguyenMD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey AZCOMers, I am considering going to AZCOM but there are a few burning questions I that I was wondering if you could answer for me.

1) Are there any large or small Asian Grocery stores in either Glendale Arizona or Phoenix? Like 99 Ranch Market, Vien Dong, or Grand Market? Any asian grocery store with fresh fruits, vegetables, and fish is pretty much all I'm looking for.

2) Are there any ski resorts within a 3 hour drive? I mapquested Aspen, Vail, Lake Tahoe, all of them were greater than 10 hrs. Do you guys know where someone who loves winter sports can drive to within 3-4 hrs from Glendale AZ?

3) Are there many Vietnamese/Korean/Thai/Indian restaurants in the Glendale/Phoenix area to chow down at?

Thanks AZCOMers, I really appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey AZCOMers, I am considering going to AZCOM but there are a few burning questions I that I was wondering if you could answer for me.

1) Are there any large or small Asian Grocery stores in either Glendale Arizona or Phoenix? Like 99 Ranch Market, Vien Dong, or Grand Market? Any asian grocery store with fresh fruits, vegetables, and fish is pretty much all I'm looking for.

2) Are there any ski resorts within a 3 hour drive? I mapquested Aspen, Vail, Lake Tahoe, all of them were greater than 10 hrs. Do you guys know where someone who loves winter sports can drive to within 3-4 hrs from Glendale AZ?

3) Are there many Vietnamese/Korean/Thai/Indian restaurants in the Glendale/Phoenix area to chow down at?

Thanks AZCOMers, I really appreciate your help.

HELLO NNguyenMD,
IF YOU ARE WORRYING ABOUT FINDING ASIAN GROCERY STORES OR RESTAURANTS IN AZ, DON'T. THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE IN PHOENIX, AND THEY SHOULD BE IN GLENDALE ALSO.
REGARDING SKIING, YOU WILL HAVE TO DRIVE 2 HOURS UP NORTH TO FLAGSTAFF IN THE WINTER SEASONS.

Capslock, Cruise Control For Cool

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,
I'm an incoming student for this fall, and will be moving in from out of state. I'm getting a new place, but I don't have a bed. I'm actually a Podiatry student, but as you probably know, the Podiatry school doesn't have any 4th years, so nobody's getting rid of their stuff. If any 4th year AZCOM students have a bed to sell, please let me know. You can e-mail me at [email protected]. I won't be coming into town until June 1st, so that's the earliest I'd be able to come look/buy, but if there's a possibility of arranging something beforehand, that'd be great. Thanks so much.

- Eric

About 200 miles east of Arizona, so 4-5 hours away are the White Mountains, where there is skiing.

Due north of Glendale is Flagstaff, only 2.5 hours away, and it has skiing as well.

Please keep in mind that the ski season in flag can sometimes only last a day or a week, or as in the case of a few years ago nothing at all. Having said that, it is still very cool to go from the desert surrounded by cacti to up in the mountains with snow and a ski resort in just a little over 2 hours.

Hi Everyone,
I'm an incoming student for this fall, and will be moving in from out of state. I'm getting a new place, but I don't have a bed.

you might consider the ikea in phx (tempe), as well. :luck: