Questions about CCOM, PCOM and LECOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grkbuckeye

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got interview offerings from these three schools for the month of January. If you have interviwed at any of these schools, can you give me any info please?? Are any of them numbers crazy (MCAT, GPA)? Is it late to be interviewing at any of these schools? Even though some schools are closed file, does that mean that they still go back and consider your grades and MCAT scores before they make the final decision? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know I've asked a lot, I'm just a little worked up because these are my first interviews! Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Buckeye, I have interviewed at PCOM in November and I am currently in the Postbacc program at LECOM and my interview with them is scheduled in mid January. No I don't think you are interviewing late because I know someone that interviewed for PCOM in late May. My interview with PCOM was very laid back, and it was opened file. They pretty much went down my AACOMAS application and asked me questions about past experiences, etc. So study your AACOMAS before you interview!! That's important.THey didn't ask me anything about my GPA or MCAT. They were very nice (3 people: one student, the dean, and one administrator). They seemed to just want to get to know you. It took about 30-45 min. NO stressful questions, we even enjoyed a few laughs. Just relax and you'll be fine. About LECOM, I heard pretty much the same thing: very laid back. THey give you an article to read before the interview and tell you to summarize it in the interview. But I heard they're simple. The interview there is also opened file, and again, they just want to get to know you. No stressful questions or anything like that. I hope this info helps. Good Luck!!

I am currently a first year at LECOM. I interviewed in December of 2000 and received my acceptance letter within the first two weeks in January. You interviews there are not too late because LECOM has a rolling admissions which means they accept students as they interview. They stop interviewing when the class is full and they have enough students waitlisted just in case an "acceptee" decides not to come and they need to fill that space.

This is now "middle of the road" when its comes to the acceptance time-line. Early would be Oct-Nov... Jan-Apr = middle.. and post Apr = late.

Regarding information on the interviews, check <a href="http://interviewfeedback.com" target="_blank">interviewfeedback.com</a>. I interviewed at both LECOM and PCOM.

LECOM was very straight forward (actually, they have a list of Q's they must ask all interviewees) and laid back. The interviewers and I actually knew a lot of the same people, so the first 20 minutes of my interview was "catching up" about our mutual friends (and telling some funny stories and jokes). Very informal and conversational. Dr Snow is a great guy!

PCOM was more "formal" although still conversational (read: I didn't tell any jokes). Pretty straightforward in their Q's also. Deb and Tammi are great peeps! Word of advice: goto the breakfast. Food is good and conversation is better. It also helps you relax. Time in the "fishbowl" (you'll understand when you get there) is interesting and many many MS1/2's will stop in to chit-chat. I think it was funny that during my tour, I knew more peeps there than my tour guide did :D

Hope I helped a tad... if you have any more specific Q's (after interviewfeedback.com), drop me an email...

-A