Questions about cumulative GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RCLEE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I had a 3.0 cumulative in my undergrad GPA and a 3.7 in grad GPA, will the cumulative GPA be composed of both undergrad and grad?

If I had a D on my first semester in undergrad and then an A on re-take, will AADSAS average my GPA to a C+?

Members don't see this ad.

If I had a 3.0 cumulative in my undergrad GPA and a 3.7 in grad GPA, will the cumulative GPA be composed of both undergrad and grad?

If I had a D on my first semester in undergrad and then an A on re-take, will AADSAS average my GPA to a C+?

The overall GPA includes both.

re-takes are treated as completely separate classes. one D and one A will be included in your gpa.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply... Those aren't good news to me :(

Members don't see this ad :)

YES.

Not sure, but I believe the D (fail) awards you with 0 points and the A on the retake gives you 4 points. That averages out to 2 points which is a C.

That's good news on the MS program, Pennywisdom. Thanks for the PDF Mr PS09.

so, in the overall GPA, I probably should just pay for the application of one school to get my application processed by the AADSAS and pay the remaining after i've completed the program in August?

sorry i had that wrong there. i could've sworn that i did not have a cumulative gpa including both but now i can't remember as i applied a couple years ago.

sorry i had that wrong there. i could've sworn that i did not have a cumulative gpa including both but now i can't remember as i applied a couple years ago.

Don't sweat it. I know you only have good intent :D