Questions about Georgetown CAM, info please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lebam

Megistered Muser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried posting in the Med School forum, but I haven't had any responses... Anyone know how much CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine), if any, is in the Georgetown curriculum? Does it show up in "Patient, Physician, Behavior" or is it strictly an optional program that students can choose to participate in?

Is CAM an extension of "cura personalis?" Is it a way to understand patients better?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

lebam said:
I tried posting in the Med School forum, but I haven't had any responses... Anyone know how much CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine), if any, is in the Georgetown curriculum? Does it show up in "Patient, Physician, Behavior" or is it strictly an optional program that students can choose to participate in?

Is CAM an extension of "cura personalis?" Is it a way to understand patients better?

thanks!

CAM is a separate Masters program that has been offered at Georgetown for just a few years. I believe there is some complementary and alternative medicine information that is incorporated into the medical student curriculum anyway, but I'm not exactly sure how much.

thanks for the tip!