Questions About January and February Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pride4jc727

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering about the interviews that I have been invited too. From the thirteen schools that I applied to, I got three interviews. I am glad to have had them, however, they were all invites for after January 1. More specifically, I had an interview on Jan. 7, Feb. 1, and Feb. 21. If these were my interview dates what are my chances for acceptance or are these just auditions for a waitlist placement? I am a NJ resident and two of these schools are UMDNJ schools, NJMS (Jan. 7) and RWJMS (Feb. 21). I actually do know that the Feb 1 interview at Creighton resulted in a waitlist notification. I called NJMS and even though they said they would have a decision 6-8 weeks after my interview, they said to expect a decision in 1-2 weeks. Even after that, RWJMS contacted me when I was selected for an interview to say that they had a backlog of applicants to invite and interview. When I went to the Admissions office after my interview for RWJ, I asked about the backlog and they said that they had a lot more people and interviews to do.

After listening to all of that, does anybody know how I should read these developments? I am not losing hope because I believe I can get in. Yes I can. Thanks again for all your input. NJ and Creighton applicants, feel free to weigh in as well.

Members don't see this ad.

PistolPete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just relax. As hard as it can be to do that, you have a great shot at an acceptance, especially at your in-state schools. Several people on this board have had February interviews and got in 2-3 weeks later, so the interviews are not just for waitlists. Good luck!

dr midnight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it is hard... But it all will work out.. I had 3 interviews in Feb. 1 wait listed, 1 acceptance ( my last interview) and 1 I haven't heard anything from that school. Also I got and invite for my #1 school and I was complete in early sept. good luck