Questions about Manual Dex and A+

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jigabodo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have got 2 questions:

On the AADSAS application, there is a section for you to fill out manual dex experience such as playing instruments and etc. How much does that matter to dental school if you don't have any experience?

How do schools view A+? Do they just treat them the same as A or does it really strengthen your app?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

manual dexterity section just gives the adcoms a warm feeling that you use your hands.

Members don't see this ad :)
What activities could help improve manual dexterity? I can only think of painting model cars lol. I use to build robots in robotics club but I don't think that counts.
Thank You.

Painting models is good manual dexterity. So is building robots. I'm sure the admissions would love to hear your elaborate on that one! Folding paper airplanes is another good one, or playing a musical instrument...

Playing an instrument or a sport that requires you to use your hands. Pottery is a good one too. I am a bread baker at my local supermarket so that works well. Cooking you use your hands sometimes. Juggling or anything of that nature. Some other events you could use your hands that you wouldn't ever write on an application ;)

Playing an instrument or a sport that requires you to use your hands. Pottery is a good one too. I am a bread baker at my local supermarket so that works well. Cooking you use your hands sometimes. Juggling or anything of that nature. Some other events you could use your hands that you wouldn't ever write on an application ;)

Dude, your stats are HOT!!!! What study pattern did you use to score 20+ on the DAT????

Marion

Another question about manual dexterity: does playing video games and working on cars count? :oops:

its another part of your application and the better stuff you put, the more competitive your are. If you have done lab work, you can say pipetting, gel loading. other stuff can be playing basketball, volleyball, baseball, sculpturing, painting, drawing, any of that stuff, playing the guitar is the best but i am going to laugh when during your interview when they ask you and your like yah iam the best at it, then they go to the closet and take out the guitar hahahahh.

Dude, your stats are HOT!!!! What study pattern did you use to score 20+ on the DAT????

Marion

Took a Kaplan class. Read all the chapters. Did all the online problems.

That's about it. It helped that I'm a math major too (also bio). My school is also REALLY good with the sciences.

I believe most universities have the A+ system. It is just that an A+ is extremely hard to get. About half of the professors I had in UC Davis did not give out A+. Even if the professor gives A+, the numbers of A+ are usually extremely limited, like one A+ in a class of 300.

I believe most universities have the A+ system. It is just that an A+ is extremely hard to get. About half of the professors I had in UC Davis did not give out A+. Even if the professor gives A+, the numbers of A+ are usually extremely limited, like one A+ in a class of 300.

hmm i graduated from Davis and I got 9 A+'s. I think it may depend on the professor too

UF doesn't have A+'s or A-'s. GPA scale is A = 4.0, B+ = 3.5, B = 3.0, etc. I guess I'm at a disadvantage then...

My school doesn't give out letter grades. It's 4.0, 3.5, 3.0....I feel kind of at a disadvantage as well