Questions about MCAT Retake and Being 'Complete'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coramDeo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am retaking the MCAT (sometime in June hopefully as my exam was canceled due to COVID-19). Now, with the 2-week return time of the scores, it's opened me up to consider more dates. Two questions:
  1. My first MCAT score is good enough that I won't get pre-screened anywhere for secondaries. Does that mean I could have the option of having my retake score returned after July 10th while still having my app transmitted to schools on the 10th?
  2. Regarding submission of secondaries then, would I simply have to have the retake score before my submission of 2' apps thus making my application complete right away upon submission?
I guess I'm just confused at which point you're considered 'complete' if you have a pending retake score. I would love some advice, thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for your reply, @gonnif!

I was fortunate enough yesterday to get an MCAT date with a score return time before July 10th the transmission date.
Since I will have both scores by the time I'm complete with the 2' apps, this should put me in a good position to be considered right away by the schools, right?

Thanks for your reply, @gonnif!

I was fortunate enough yesterday to get an MCAT date with a score return time before July 10th the transmission date.
Since I will have both scores by the time I'm complete with the 2' apps, this should put me in a good position to be considered right away by the schools, right?
Yup. But be forewarned that apps are not processed in order of receipt.

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro thank you, you've saved me from quite a bit of pre-med neuroticism. :)

But be forewarned that apps are not processed in order of receipt.

I understand, I just wanted to give me the best shot by having it in as early as possible!

Reactions: 1 user