1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Michigan financial aid

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Wayawa, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Wayawa

Wayawa Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I have several acceptance letters in my stocking already, so my Christmas is made :D But now I have to choose. So my first choice of the options I have is U of Michigan in Ann Arbor. BUT, the problem is I have a wife and 3 year old son, and the financial aid lady told us straight up when I was interviewing that they cannot adjust the budget for a family. I tried calling her but she is on vacation till sometime in January. So here are my questions:

1- Do you believe a family can make it through dental school and live in Ann Arbor on what your budget allows?

2- Is the total living expense budget different if you live in on campus married student housing as apposed to living off campus?

3- If the entire budget is being taken, and we need more $, is it possible for us to take private student loans on top of that #? Or do you control the total budget?

4- If I want to purchase a laptop, can that be added to my budget? And if so how much? And when should I purchase it?

So if anyone out there is attending UofM-Ann Arbor and could answer any/all of these questions I would be very appreciative.
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.