Questions about Michigan financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wayawa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have several acceptance letters in my stocking already, so my Christmas is made :D But now I have to choose. So my first choice of the options I have is U of Michigan in Ann Arbor. BUT, the problem is I have a wife and 3 year old son, and the financial aid lady told us straight up when I was interviewing that they cannot adjust the budget for a family. I tried calling her but she is on vacation till sometime in January. So here are my questions:

1- Do you believe a family can make it through dental school and live in Ann Arbor on what your budget allows?

2- Is the total living expense budget different if you live in on campus married student housing as apposed to living off campus?

3- If the entire budget is being taken, and we need more $, is it possible for us to take private student loans on top of that #? Or do you control the total budget?

4- If I want to purchase a laptop, can that be added to my budget? And if so how much? And when should I purchase it?

So if anyone out there is attending UofM-Ann Arbor and could answer any/all of these questions I would be very appreciative.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.