Questions about Military Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Panzerbjorne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN community,

Here is a little information about myself. I'm currently an aerospace engineering major and am also completing my premedical prerequisites, plus some. I will be taking the MCAT this coming May. Hope to join the airforce. My questions are so:

How does their program work? Should I be doing ROTC or some sort of training right now? I've not signed yet and only looking into it.

Any other relevant information would also be appreciated.

Thanks again
Alan

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN community,

Here is a little information about myself. I'm currently an aerospace engineering major and am also completing my premedical prerequisites, plus some. I will be taking the MCAT this coming May. Hope to join the airforce. My questions are so:

How does their program work? Should I be doing ROTC or some sort of training right now? I've not signed yet and only looking into it.

Any other relevant information would also be appreciated.

Thanks again
Alan

Spend some time on here reading this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=118576 and the stickies about HPSP and FAP, that will give you plenty of information about the scholarship program, the good and the bad.

I would not do ROTC, it will just add to your overall commitment when you obligation is over. Focus on your courses and MCAT for the time being and spend some time reading about the scholarship programs and try to get in touch with some AF docs to get their opinion on the scholarship. If youre still interested in HPSP when youre ready to begin applying for med school then get in touch with a recruiter and begin the scholarship application process.