questions about mt. sinai rotation (nyc)

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by bslampl, Mar 11, 2002.

1. bslampl

bslampl New Member

i have a micu rotation starting mid march at mt. sinai. the office can't tell me what to expect, what to wear (scrubs vs. clinic attire). please help, if you can . . .
    thanks so much.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Maran

Maran Member

I don't know the program, so I can't give specific advise. But here is my general "first day" advise whenever you don't have specific instructions:

Wear clinic attire and bring a small attache w/scrubs packed in it with you. That way you're prepared for anything (and you have emergency back-up clothes to go home in.) :)

4. bslampl

bslampl New Member

thanks-- that is good advice but i was just wondering if i needed to pack clinic clothes -- i am going on an airplane and have to pack for a month

5. neutropeniaboy

neutropeniaboy Blasted ENT Attending

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bslampl:
    <strong>thanks-- that is good advice but i was just wondering if i needed to pack clinic clothes -- i am going on an airplane and have to pack for a month</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude-

ALWAYS show up in a tie. ALWAYS bring professional clothing, especially if you're going to impress.

6. vyc

vyc Senior Member

i think bslampl is a girl!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by neutropeniaboy:
    <strong>Dude-

ALWAYS show up in a tie. ALWAYS bring professional clothing, especially if you're going to impress.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

7. neutropeniaboy

neutropeniaboy Blasted ENT Attending

Attending Physician
    Nevertheless! She should ALWAYS show up in a tie!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by vyc:
    <strong>i think bslampl is a girl!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by neutropeniaboy:
    <strong>Dude-

ALWAYS show up in a tie. ALWAYS bring professional clothing, especially if you're going to impress.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">