1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

questions about mt. sinai rotation (nyc)

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by bslampl, Mar 11, 2002.

1. bslampl

bslampl New Member

i have a micu rotation starting mid march at mt. sinai. the office can't tell me what to expect, what to wear (scrubs vs. clinic attire). please help, if you can . . .
    thanks so much.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Maran

Maran Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know the program, so I can't give specific advise. But here is my general "first day" advise whenever you don't have specific instructions:

Wear clinic attire and bring a small attache w/scrubs packed in it with you. That way you're prepared for anything (and you have emergency back-up clothes to go home in.) :)

4. bslampl

bslampl New Member

thanks-- that is good advice but i was just wondering if i needed to pack clinic clothes -- i am going on an airplane and have to pack for a month

5. neutropeniaboy

neutropeniaboy Blasted ENT Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bslampl:
    <strong>thanks-- that is good advice but i was just wondering if i needed to pack clinic clothes -- i am going on an airplane and have to pack for a month</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude-

ALWAYS show up in a tie. ALWAYS bring professional clothing, especially if you're going to impress.

6. vyc

vyc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i think bslampl is a girl!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by neutropeniaboy:
    <strong>Dude-

ALWAYS show up in a tie. ALWAYS bring professional clothing, especially if you're going to impress.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

7. neutropeniaboy

neutropeniaboy Blasted ENT Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Nevertheless! She should ALWAYS show up in a tie!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by vyc:
    <strong>i think bslampl is a girl!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by neutropeniaboy:
    <strong>Dude-

ALWAYS show up in a tie. ALWAYS bring professional clothing, especially if you're going to impress.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">