Questions about paying for secondary applications.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osker246

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is my first cycle applying and I am a little confused on this process. I understand having to pay for the primary application via AADSAS. But how exactly does submitting/paying for secondaries work? When I e-submit my application through AADSAS I am prompted with a checklist asking if I paid/submitted my secondaries. Do I pay for these secondaries at the same time as I submit/pay my AADSAS application? Or do I have to go directly through the school? If somebody can give me a quick rundown on this I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the response. I actually did see this during the application process. I guess I just got confused because some schools say to pay for the secondaries when submitting my AADSAS. Just to confirm. I will either be waiting for a response from admissions officers or going directly to the schools website and paying? Is it okay to submit my AADSAS now or should I wait to submit until I pay for secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response. I actually did see this during the application process. I guess I just got confused because some schools say to pay for the when submitting my AADSAS. Just to confirm. I will either be waiting for a response from admissions officers or going directly to the schools website and paying? Is it okay to submit my AADSAS now or should I wait to submit until I pay for secondaries?

Yes, some schools require you to wait, some schools you can pay right away, some school require you to fill out secondaries essays/prompts, some schools you are completely done with payment (such as UOP and Case Western). Each school is different. Submit your AADSAS once you're ready to submit and if money isn't the issue just submit the secondary fees ASAP.

Yes, some schools require you to wait, some schools you can pay right away, some school require you to fill out secondaries essays/prompts, some schools you are completely done with payment (such as UOP and Case Western). Each school is different. Submit your AADSAS once you're ready to submit and if money isn't the issue just submit the secondary fees ASAP.

Thank you very much! That clears everything up for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Submit your AADSAS application
Send in payment to schools that require secondary fees without prompting you to pay them
Wait for the rest schools to send you secondaries (who choose to send them to you - not every school chooses to send them to every applicant)