questions about preparing for the scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slope

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They say in that email everybody received that you can't save and apply to more than 30 programs for the Scramble. They also say that in order to be time efficient, we should save those 30 programs and on Tuesday to click on "apply".

Q: at what point in time do you guys save those programs in ERAS to get yourselves ready for the Scramble?

Q: at what point in time do you guys actually apply to those programs (because it might very well happen that the programs saved by you would not have any unfilled positions this year)?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know what you're trying to say. You are planning on saving programs which you are planning on scrambling into, but NO ONE knows which programs are going to be unfilled? :confused:

That said, does anyone know if ERAS will erase all the programs that may be selected in the "Programs selected" tab when the scramble starts?

Look at the last few years scramble lists and see which places haven't filled multiple times in the past. They are the ones that are likely to be unfilled this year. Alternatively, if you're going for IM/Peds/FM, just load up pretty much any/every community program in NYC (including the outer Boroughs and w/ the notable exceptions of SLR and St. Vinny's) and you'll pretty much be guaranteed to find whole truckload of open spots.

I did not match. I have gone to ERAS and tried to find out how to scramble there - I guess I was thinking I would see some special tab or button that woudl allow me to prepare a scramble package...but no. DO we just apply when noon rolls around tomorrow the same way we applied to programs - or is there some special section for scrambling?

Doowai...

Read the e-mail the NRMP sent out a few days ago.

You will go through ERAS...up to 30 programs. The unmatched programs will be listed on the NRMP website.

Doowai...

Read the e-mail the NRMP sent out a few days ago.

You will go through ERAS...up to 30 programs. The unmatched programs will be listed on the NRMP website.

Right I understand its through ERAS, but do we just apply the same way we did for the match, or is there a special section for it?

Right I understand its through ERAS, but do we just apply the same way we did for the match, or is there a special section for it?

As per my understanding, it is the same way.