1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Questions about secondary apps.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by pre-doc_93, Jul 30, 2015.

1. pre-doc_93

Pre-Medical
    July 18 MCAT test taker here. I have submitted my primary app and have received secondaries from a majority of the schools I applied to.
    - I was wondering if it is ok for me to submit secondaries to schools who are at or below my GPA averages without an MCAT score?
    -Will the schools review my application after my MCAT score is released?
    -Is it okay to submit a secondary about 3 weeks after I received it?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Death

2+ Year Member

1. Yes it is ok. But unless you have a whole ton of $$$$ to blow, I would wait until you get your percentiles
    2. Yes but it takes a while for them to receive the official score. This waiting period is super frustrating. Some schools will mark your scores received the next day, some schools (Cough . . .CCOM . . . Cough) will take a freaking month to show received.
    3. Yes because it doesn't much matter because the schools won't even look at your app until they get the official MCAT score. They have too many complete applications to worry about incomplete ones.

4. asdf123g

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    yes yes and yes