Questions about sending a slightly updated transcript to AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaydubz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my transcript to AMCAS in mid-late May and they marked it as "received" pretty quickly. Since then, I've discovered that a Minor that was important to me was left out of the degrees awarded section due to my university sucking at moving to a new system where you can actually HAVE two minors listed on your transcript.

I've called my registrar and they should have it fixed relatively soon, but I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions. First, now that I'd be sending an updated transcript say June 5th, would it take a great deal longer for AMCAS to receive and attach it to my application, thus delaying when I can submit the application itself?

Second, how would I know if AMCAS has received the updated transcript, so that I know when to submit the application? On the website my transcript status is simply marked as "received."

I guess a third question would be should I even bother with updating the transcript with a second minor if it would delay my submission of the primary application by a couple weeks? I've entered the minor into AMCAS myself but it's currently missing from the transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my transcript to AMCAS in mid-late May and they marked it as "received" pretty quickly. Since then, I've discovered that a Minor that was important to me was left out of the degrees awarded section due to my university sucking at moving to a new system where you can actually HAVE two minors listed on your transcript.

I've called my registrar and they should have it fixed relatively soon, but I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions. First, now that I'd be sending an updated transcript say June 5th, would it take a great deal longer for AMCAS to receive and attach it to my application, thus delaying when I can submit the application itself?

Second, how would I know if AMCAS has received the updated transcript, so that I know when to submit the application? On the website my transcript status is simply marked as "received."

I guess a third question would be should I even bother with updating the transcript with a second minor if it would delay my submission of the primary application by a couple weeks? I've entered the minor into AMCAS myself but it's currently missing from the transcript.

The lady I spoke with at AMCAS said that they will e-mail you whenever they receive a transcript. So while the status page will say "received" from now on because they already have it, when they get the next one you will get another e-mail. My registrar sent the transcript too early, so I am waiting for the second transcript to get there as well.