Questions about Yale Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homer Simpson

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yale's secondary states: "If your college education has not been continuous over successive years, or if you have discontinued your education for more than four weeks, please indicate the reason."

Does this only apply to people who took time off during college? Or after college as well?

Also, is their "Optional Additional Page" really optional?

Gracias.

Members don't see this ad.

Homer Simpson said:
Yale's secondary states: "If your college education has not been continuous over successive years, or if you have discontinued your education for more than four weeks, please indicate the reason."

Does this only apply to people who took time off during college? Or after college as well?

Also, is their "Optional Additional Page" really optional?

Gracias.

Hey, I interpreted that to mean during college, only. It doesn't make sense to consider your post-grad education discontinuous after four weeks and one day of doing something else (at least I think so).

I don't think the optional page is that optional, so I suggest adding something about yourself. If you're concerned about addressing the time-off question, you might want to use the optional page to talk about your pre-med-school plans (that's what I did).