Questions and more questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jasminegab

psych student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just was thinking to myself how adcom would look at my application being that I went to a CC and then transfered into a 4yr university as a Junior.

What I became puzzled over is how would they look at my gpa if I transfered unto a 4yr university as junior? I am aware that some schools look at the last 3yrs while other look at the full 4yrs. What if you I did 3yrs at the school I transfered unto? Would they not look at my CC gpa?

The reason I'm a junior instead of a freshman is because my university takes credit from my Medical Assistant training and applies that to my overall credit, but not the gpa. I know that my Medical Assistant training would not be looked at by the medical schools I'm planning on applying too. Eventhough, I would not mind them taking that into consideration being that I graduated from that school with a 4.0 gpa.

I only transfered 20 credits from CC. However, my gpa was not all that good, a mere 2.58 and a science gpa of 2.0. By the way, I'm taking this science class over at the university level rather than at the CC level.

Eventhough I only need about 54 credit to get my degree, I'm thinking of not applying for my degree until I have taken all my pre-med courses. This should put me at the 3yr mark rather than the 2yr mark.

One other point is that I'm only applying to international medical schools. So if there is any other international medical students or SDNers applying to international medical schools, please provide me some information.

Thanks,

JasmineGab

Members don't see this ad.

My campus premed advisor said that CC GPA is taken into consideration. However, if you do well at the university level--in particular, if you show a trend towards continued improvement--then I think that you should be fine. I think the adcom can appreciate that it takes some time to decide what you want to do and some more time still to get on the right course for that.

Good luck.