Questions for NYCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoHsin

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I will be attending NYCOM this fall and have a few questions:

1) How is the schedule for first years? Is it a set schdule like 8-5pm with classes in between?

2) I heard there is no gym at NYIT. What gym do most students go to then, and how expensive is it? Do they give student rates?

3) How impotant is it that students be connected to the internet at their homes?

If anyone can help me with these questions, i would greastly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The schedule is pretty much 9-5 the first year (8-5 the second) with lectures and labs mixed in. Some days you will get off earlier, depending on lab schedules.

Their are gymns in nearby towns (such as Glen Cove), but I'm not sure the cost.

It is very important to be connected to the internet. Information is posted on the school webboard and student e-mail that you must be abreast of.

Hey Johsin,

For the most part, there is always class from 9-12.....then lunch from 12-1....then the afternoon often varies....sometimes there will be lectures, other times labs, and sometimes, it is your own free time.
As for the gyms.....In Glen Cove, Island Fitness is a good gym, and they have a good deal for NYCOM students, where it is about 325.00 for the year. I am a member there, and it is a solid gym.
As for the internet, I think it is very important. You definitely want to get a decent computer (desktop or laptop) and a good internet connection. I have a cable modem, and it rocks!
Let me know if you have any other questions....
-your most amiable Liquid

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that NYCOM might change their curriculum next year by giving exams in blocks?

Thanks for answering my questions! I actually do have another one:
So do u guys think if my roomates and i were to get a second line just for internet, moden would actually be too slow? i was just wondering cuz i am weighing the costs and benefits of having a modem versus a cable modem (which woudl require a hub for us).

When does first-year NYCOM end this year?

Tim of New York City.

We had our last regular exam today. Their are retakes scheduled for those who need them for Path, Pharm, Inf. Dis., and OMM. I believe the last retake is the 14th.