Questions for Urologists/Urology Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSwede

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pardon my intrusion on your professional forums, but I am doing an occupational report on Urologists. If you have the time, you would be doing me a huge favor by answering these 9 questions. I would try to return the favor, but I am not sure how I could online :D

1. Can you tell me about your job functions? (ie responsibilities, working with people, data)

2. Can you tell me about your type of work environment? (ie location, traveling, team or independent)

3. What type of formal education is required prior to entering this occupation?

4. Are there any special certifications or licensing requirements? If so, what are they?

5. Can you list some rewards and satisfactions? (ie financial, benefits, service, personal satisfaction)

6. How did you initially get started in this field?

7. What kind of advancements are available?

8. What are the occupational trends of Urology? (ie trend towards requiring more experienced applicants)

9. What obstacles can you see along the way in this occupation? How did you overcome them?

If you don't mind, I just need a name for my report and where you're practicing. You can send me a pm (private message) with that information if necessary.

Thank you very much for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the tip, I actually posted a similar message on their forums the same day I did this one. I haven't had any responses as of yet. I hate to just do a report on a field I'm not interested in, but I'm having a hard time finding ANY urologist/urology residents to answer my questions. Even those in the local community are not cooperating (I'm aware they don't have to :laugh: )

How about someone just private messaging me their info so I can use it as a reference...I'll just make up some answers! :laugh: