SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

questions from interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by summertime02, Jan 14, 2002.

1. summertime02

summertime02 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Hey guys
    Just wondering what type of response is adequate when an interviewer asks "So tell me about yourself?" Also, I am interviewing at MCP Hahnemann on March 12th--any advice??? :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    City
    Well, for starters my name is summertime. My parents named me that b/c they loved the summer. Born and raised in XXX, on the playgrounds was where I spent most of my days. I grew up in a home that was blah blah blah. My parents did this and that. I won't go into too much about my school activities b/c that's all in my application. So, some things that I really enjoy outside of medicine are 1) 2) 3) ...
    Then just tie it up with what you are currently doing. I am now in school. I am now working full time. I now surf every day and let my parents fill out my applications for me.

4. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Although I'm sure Scoob's post told you all you wanted to know, I'll add my 2 cents. For the first part--I'm not really sure. Often you will get interrupted during your spiel (at least I have) anyway so you don't have to prepare a long story. I usually start with the present and work backwards. This is the kind of ? you get at closed file interviews. At Hahnemann the faculty interview will be open file anyway so you may not get this type of open ended thing. You'll have two interviews at MCP, one with faculty (open) one with student (closed, over lunch). Even though the admissions people tell you the student interview counts (the students tell you it doesn't matter much). Just relax, be yourself, and be able to carry on a conversation. As far as the faculty interview, mine was extremely laid back. Other interviewees I spoke with also had similar experiences. My interviewer left a lot of time for me to ask him questions, so be sure to prepare some. All in all, one of the more relaxing, laid back interviews I've had. Don't stress! Best of luck to you.