questions in tmj

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pink tooth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. neurofilament is
a. intermediate filament
b. microfilament
c. keratin filament

2.vimentin containing filament is found in
a.epithelial cell.
b.nonepithelial cell.
c.axon.

3. The 9+2 array of microtubules is found in
a.prokaryotes
b.eukaryotes.
3.both

4.during disc displacement wat is heard
a. crepitus
b.click
c thud
d. tinnitus

5.The best imaging technique to identify articular disc in tmj is
a ct scan
b mri
c panoramic radiograph
d lat transcranial radiograph

6.non articular surface of tmj covered with
a fibrocatilage
b hyaline cartilage
c elastic cartilage
d peristeum

7. tmj is dislocated in which direction?
a posteriorly
b anteriorly
d downward

8. best aspect to palpate the mand condyle
1throgh internal acoutic meatus
b through ext acoustic meatus
c orally

9. The muscle that has fibres into the neck of condyle and capsule and articular disc of tmj is
a. medial pteygoid
b lat pterygoid
c. temporalis

10.Ligament that gives support to the capsule of tmj is
a spheno mandibular
b stylomandibular
c temporomandibular

11 the most common direction in which articular disc is displaced
a. ant
b antmedially
c. laterally

bye for now...i will make more questions next time...for ans see below

1.intermediate filament
2 non epithelial cell
3.eukaryotes.
4.click
5.mri
6.peristeum
7.anteriorly only.
8.throgh External acoustic meatus.
9.lat pterygoid
10.temporomandibular ligament or lateral ligament
11 ant medially
gud luck....:p

Members don't see this ad.

Q6 is a or d???

Members don't see this ad :)
When A Mandibular Movement To Right Is Performed ,which Condyle Moves Feowad ,downwards And Medially??

A Working Condyle (right)
B Nonworking Condyle (left)

In Decks Its Given B ..i Think Its Working Condlye (left) Can Someone Please Clerify This..and Please Correct Me If I Am Wrong Thanks

When A Mandibular Movement To Right Is Performed ,which Condyle Moves Feowad ,downwards And Medially??

A Working Condyle (right)
B Nonworking Condyle (left)

In Decks Its Given B ..i Think Its Working Condlye (left) Can Someone Please Clerify This..and Please Correct Me If I Am Wrong Thanks

hey even i agree with decks during a mand mvt to right right conyle is working condyle and left side non working...the side to which mand is moved is working side and from which mand is moved is balancing or non working ...see more details below....
Lateral movement of the mandible is referred to as transtrusion. This movement has two components:
1. Laterotrusion - the lateral movement of the working or rotating condyle.
2. Mediotrusion - The medial movement of the balancing or nonworking condyle.

In a lateral movement the balancing non-working condyle goes downward, forward, and medially. The working condyle moves laterally. Since the mandible is a solid bone, the amount that the non-working condyle moves medially determines how far the working condyle moves laterally. This lateral movement is known as Bennett Movement or Side Shift of the mandible. If we examine this Side Shift of the mandible more closely we will find that there are three controls governing this movement.

1. The first control is on the non-working side. This is the medial wall (or inner curbing) of the glenoid fossa on the non-working side. The amount of medial movement of this non-working condyle dictates the amount of lateral movement of the working condyle on the opposite side. This medial wall configuration also determines one other phenomenon, known as immediate side shift. Certain individuals will exhibit an immediate shift to the working (rotating) side before the non-working condyle begins to translate downward, forward, and medially. This is thought to be a bracing action on the working side whereby the muscles contract to splint the working condyle in the fossa and stabilize it while the non-working condyle translates. If this inner curbing (or medial wall) allows, the mandible may shift slightly to the side preparatory to the translating movement. Based upon these above facts, we can classify lateral movement and side shift into five basic patterns:

I HOPE U R CLEAR NOW?

ya now i understood.. thanks alot you described very precisely and very brifely