questions NDB Part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babyteeth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After an automovil accident , a patient,s chin deviates to the left on opening his mouth widely.His mandibule was probably fracture at which of the following points??

a. Genial Tubercule
b. Left Condylar Neck
c. Rigth condylar neck
d. Left mental foramen

Members don't see this ad.

left condylar neck...answer/

Members don't see this ad :)
babyteeth said:
Can you tell me why??

imagine if the subcondylar region is fractured ,the left lateral ptryegoid will not be able to move the mandible to the right.Right lateral is still working (by that i mean..not interupted by a right condylar fracture)and when it tends to protrude the mandible (during opening) along with the non functional left lateral..it moves to left side..which is the affected side.

my xplanation might suck. :oops: ..but i hope u get the point....
just read any anatomy book..n read up the funtcions of lateral pterygoids..and then u might understand...good luck.

Callous K9 said:
imagine if the subcondylar region is fractured ,the left lateral ptryegoid will not be able to move the mandible to the right.Right lateral is still working (by that i mean..not interupted by a right condylar fracture)and when it tends to protrude the mandible (during opening) along with the non functional left lateral..it moves to left side..which is the affected side.

my xplanation might suck. :oops: ..but i hope u get the point....
just read any anatomy book..n read up the funtcions of lateral pterygoids..and then u might understand...good luck.

thanx got it

nice explaination.....absolutely true.....