Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Questions on reapplying with previous applications withdrawn.

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by Streamline, May 2, 2007.

1. Streamline

Hello all. I have a couple questions.

I applied for the 2007 cycle. But, after receiving my MCAT scores I withdrew my applications before being rejected.

My apps were already AMCAS approved and I did receive secondaries from most, if not all the schools I applied to...That was before my MCAT score.

This time around, do I need to make a new personal statement? Technically, my main reason for reapp is MCAT. Do I add that to my PS?

When they ask you if you are a reapp, am I considered a reapplicant even though I didnt get rejected but withdrew? Once you are AMCAS approved, that automatically means you applied no?

Sorta confusing..if someone could clarify I'd appreciate it! Thanks!:thumbup:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Streamline

Anyone? *echos* LOL

4. prionsRbad

prionsRbad Mooooo
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Was your score really low or did you just not do as well as you wanted to on the MCAT? If it was low, I would mention it in your PS (just a few sentences at most though . . . you don't want to dwell on it, it's in the past, right). I have a horrible first MCAT score (I’m taking it again in July) and I was advised to mention it in my PS.

Yes, I believe you are considered a reapplicant because your application was approved and sent to schools (even though you withdrew it pretty early).

Good luck applying this time around! :D

:luck:

5. RxnMan

RxnMan Who, me? A doctor?
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You applied and you were given a response (secondaries) - that means that schools know you applied. You are a re-applicant.

Consider rewriting your PS because: 1) Schools may have read your PS already and, 2) if you have done anything (other than MCAT) to improve your app, you may want to include it.

By the way - I didn't see anything in your response about whether you took the MCAT over again or not, but if you did, regardless of score, do not withdraw your apps. You made the effort to apply, so let the schools decide whether to reject you or not.

6. ut2010

ut2010 Medical Student
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Regardless of whether you withdrew your application, you are a reapplicant. Schools look for improvements in every new application so make sure you have new essays and hopefully more credentials to add to your application.