Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Questions other than QBank, USMLERx and USMLE World

Discussion in 'Step I' started by vtucci, Feb 21, 2007.

1. vtucci

vtucci Attending in Emergency Medicine
    Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was wondering if anyone has gotten question banks from other sources like studentconsult or if anyone knows of a list of other question banks and how they compare to the big three.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EricVorheese

2+ Year Member

why bother? kaplan qbank, usmleworld and usmlerx alone are more than 6000 questions......

3. OP
    OP
    vtucci

Attending Physician
    Because I go through questions ridiculously quickly. I had 10K+ for the bar exam.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pillowhead

pillowhead Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I highly highly recommend going through Robbins Review of Pathology. Great pictures (which will show up on step 1), and yes, it's all pathology questions but the questions were very clinically oriented and broad in scope. A great resource.

5. OP
    OP
    vtucci

Attending Physician
    Thanks Pillowhead. I have been using Robbins Review of Path and webpath for my pathology course this year and absolutely agree with you that they are a great resource.

6. kasra138

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have done Kaplan qbank, usmle world, and robbins. I have 2months left to the exam. I was wondering if you guys think I should redo the questions (specially UW) or get another qbank? If so would you guys recommend USMLERx or USMLEstep123? I would love to know about anyone's opinion. Thank you:)

7. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You started your intense question bank review pretty early compared to most. Do you think you will actually remember any of that in two months? If I were you, I would be inclined to redo one of those qbanks starting 3-4 weeks before the test. My guess is that you won't remember it and it will be like doing a brand new question bank given the amount of time that will have passed and the number of other questions you have already done in the interval.