Questions Regarding Admittance Into Pharmacy Colleges

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weakerthan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was homeschooled, and am currently attending my first semester at Tulsa Community College. I plan to have all of my prereqs finished by the fall semester of 2010. Outside of having a high GPA and high score on the PCAT, what else should I do to better my chances to be accepted into a pharmacy college?

Members don't see this ad.

Volunteer and get some pharmacy experience.

How exactly do you go along the process of volunteering at a hospital or pharmacy? And outside of being a pharmacy tech, does shadowing count as experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted with absolutely zero pharmacy experience, however, I had extensive research experience. Although it would be difficult to find within a community college, look around in area colleges and universities for undergraduate research programs. There are always faculty members working on projects looking to bring on students. Good luck!

Get to know some professors so you can get strong LORs. You can work on your writing and interview skills also if you think you need improvement in those.