Questions regarding AMCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wereallrelated

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(1) I just "sat in" for a few classes at Stanford. Asked for permission and just attended classes. I was never a student at Stanford. Do I mention this at all on the AMCAS application and what do I say?

(2) I never graduated high school. Went straight to a university. What do I put on the AMCAS application where they ask about high school?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

of course you DO NOT mention that on an AMCAS application.

Just from the way you have created this thread, it does not sound like sitting in on some classes has made a huge impact on your medical career decisions, especially when they are at a school that you were not really attending. And as fabulous as Stanford sounds, if you actually chose to waste space on your AMCAS application (can't you only fill in 15 boxes or so?) mentioning that it would probably sounds more like you are trying to make yourself look pompous.

I mean really, do you actually need to think about this?

If you didn't graduate from high school and went straight to university then that is what you should write in AMCAS. "I didn't graduate from high school, I went straight to university". Not terribly difficult.

Are you just fishing for compliments?

(1) I just "sat in" for a few classes at Stanford. Asked for permission and just attended classes. I was never a student at Stanford. Do I mention this at all on the AMCAS application and what do I say?

(2) I never graduated high school. Went straight to a university. What do I put on the AMCAS application where they ask about high school?

Thank you.

1) I'd say don't mention it.

2) Not sure. I knew of students at my undergrad who did this (go to college w/o graduating high school), but I'm not sure how to indicated that on your app. Sorry I couldn't be of much help!

Members don't see this ad :)
So there is room to write qualitative comments on the AMCAS application? If there is, that is good to know.

>>>> Are you just fishing for compliments?

And think about it, why should an anonymous me even care for compliments from an anonymous someone else?

So there is room to write qualitative comments on the AMCAS application? If there is, that is good to know.

>>>> Are you just fishing for compliments?

And think about it, why should an anonymous me even care for compliments from an anonymous someone else?

There's no place to write random qualitative comments. You'll be able to include a personal statement and describe your extracurricular activities, but that's pretty much it.

I'm not sure how the stuff with your high school would work. Why don't you just get a GED to simplify the process?

There's no place to write random qualitative comments. You'll be able to include a personal statement and describe your extracurricular activities, but that's pretty much it.

I'm not sure how the stuff with your high school would work. Why don't you just get a GED to simplify the process?
do they even ask about high school stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.