Questions regarding NYC schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anotherriver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just joined the forum and have some questions regarding NYC grad schools that teach both CBT and Psychodynamics.
I am in my 4th year (UCI) and planning to stay here until the fifth. My choices are LIU, Yeshiva, CUNY, St. John's. yeah there isn't that much to choose from, so I would like to have everything done perfectly while I am an undergrad. My questions are:
1) Are these schools strict on what grade I received in my experimental psych courses? My first choice is LIU and in the Insider's Guide it says 3.5 overall/3.6 psych GPA. My current GPA is 3.8; however, I did not do that good in my Experimental Psych classes (got 2 B's out of 3 classes that goes on for a year) so was wondering if I should take other research methods classes to make up for it. (to show them that I can think scientifically)
2) With that being said, how much reseach do you have to do in these schools? I don't either love or hate doing researches. However, I would not say that I am good at it. (all the science and math...)
3) Any suggestions that can help me prepare for these schools?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Search the threads. There is lots of info. on NYC schools.