Questions regarding OCPM and DM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still in undergrad but figure it is never too late to start planning or at least see what is out there. I have been doing research on all of the schools and am really set on either OCPM (I know kent state but easier to identify as OCPM for now) or Des Moines. Just seems like my kind of lifestyle.

I read a while ago that Western had DPM/DO program or was considering it. Is there anything else like that out there?

Also does OCPM have a good size gym/fitness center?

Is there any of you that visited campus before applying? I would love to see NYCPM as well but don't know if I am cut out for NYC living. I know DM has a prei-nternship which I plan to apply for this year and OCPM used to but I can not find any information on that.

Finally, which would you guys choose? OCPM or Des Moines?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From my limited travels, only DMU has a decent fitness center on site. However, OCPM attendence automatically signs you up for a membership at a gym chain called Bally's. To my knowledge, no DPM/DO programs are available at OCPM and DMU. If you want info for pre-internship on OCPM, try calling their main number and then asking.

The only DPM/DO program in the country is at Nova in Florida.

Members don't see this ad :)
And that would be DO for DPMs.... you must already have a DPM degree.

Interesting, thats too bad. Would be great if a school had a program to simultaneously earn a DPM/DO..