This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnAnonS80

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I applied to MPH programs and got into CUNY's NYU's, and BU's MPH programs. I'm also considering to apply to GW's MPH program. My current interests are in either community health or global health. Which school out of the 4 would be better suited for my interests?

Also, I have questions regarding pursuing the MPH degree in general. Here is my situation:

I'm still not entirely sure where I be in public health. Is it still worth it to pursue the degree to explore what area I'm interested in? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that Northeastern University has a great global health program. I am currently attending MCPHS University for community health. I love the program and the faculty and I was already able to obtain a job in the field. They offer online and in person for courses. I hope this helps!

I know that Northeastern University has a great global health program. I am currently attending MCPHS University for community health. I love the program and the faculty and I was already able to obtain a job in the field. They offer online and in person for courses. I hope this helps!
Thanks! But do you know anything about NYU or BU's programs, because that is what I'm trying to decide between. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! But do you know anything about NYU or BU's programs, because that is what I'm trying to decide between. Thanks again!

Hey John,
I was accepted into BU's MPH program for Epidemiology. I could not afford it nor could I have done it full time. They do not offer any online courses and I would recommend BU if you can do it full time (do it in 1 year=less debt) but I guarantee you will get a job instantly if you get your MPH from BU and can afford it. BU has many affiliations throughout Mass and everyone I know who got their MPH there got a job offer instantly upon graduating. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey John,
I was accepted into BU's MPH program for Epidemiology. I could not afford it nor could I have done it full time. They do not offer any online courses and I would recommend BU if you can do it full time (do it in 1 year=less debt) but I guarantee you will get a job instantly if you get your MPH from BU and can afford it. BU has many affiliations throughout Mass and everyone I know who got their MPH there got a job offer instantly upon graduating. Good luck!
Thanks! What school did you end up going to? Also, would the school still be good for people who might not be thinking of working in Boston after graduation? Thanks again!