Questions to ask an associate dean of diversity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medgal98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you applying this cycle? If so, maybe you can take a list of your work and activities. They may be able to advise you on something that you may be lacking and need to work on. To be memorable, it may help to talk about something unique about yourself that got you interested in medicine and/or why that is your top choice medical school.

In my experience, the diversity office of most of the schools I visited were very helpful and interested in recruiting students. Everyone was open and willing to discuss any issues that they thought were present (at least the students were). I hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you applying this cycle? If so, maybe you can take a list of your work and activities. They may be able to advise you on something that you may be lacking and need to work on. To be memorable, it may help to talk about something unique about yourself that got you interested in medicine and/or why that is your top choice medical school.

In my experience, the diversity office of most of the schools I visited were very helpful and interested in recruiting students. Everyone was open and willing to discuss any issues that they thought were present (at least the students were). I hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply. I’m applying next cycle. Should I still make a list of my current work/activities to bring along? Since I’m meeting the diversity dean, how will I get a chance to talk to students? Should I just walk up to them?

Thank you for your reply. I’m applying next cycle. Should I still make a list of my current work/activities to bring along? Since I’m meeting the diversity dean, how will I get a chance to talk to students? Should I just walk up to them?

Never mind about that then lol. I thought you were applying this cycle. It may still help him/her tell you what deficiencies may lie in your application. And I got a chance to talk to students during the interview. I just meant that in general, students were very helpful in addressing issues. Not sure if you should just walk up to them lol, but the dean may give you some contact info for a student if you ask. Otherwise, don't sweat it too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.