Questions to ask Dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching for it, but no luck. So what kind of things should you ask?

besides the typical: whats the curriculum like, and how competitive are the students?

Members don't see this ad.

I tried searching for it, but no luck. So what kind of things should you ask?

besides the typical: whats the curriculum like, and how competitive are the students?
I essentially asked a lot of questions about my own application. Basically, what do I need to be an ideal applicant for this medical school? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any clubs formed by the med students?
What study resources does this school have? What kind of access do you have to the labs or libraries after hours?
Does the school have any mentor programs that would allow you to pair up with an M2 student during your first year? Does the school have any student ambassadors with whom you can speak?
Are there any community outreach programs? Student-run clinics? Good shadowing opportunities?
Living arrangements?
Research opportunities?
Study abroad opportunities?

Really, anything that interests you is fair game. You are considering spending a lot of time and money--what are the things that interest YOU?

The best questions are those you actually think of YOURSELF and can come across as thoughtful when asking rather than regurgitating a rehearsed question from messageboards.

Why are you bumping a thread from January?
I am noticing a trend here of you finding threads started by one person and bumping them for the pure purpose of being mean.

"How have students who have chosen competitive fields such as Ophtho and ENT fared in the Match over the last few years?"

I'm not sure if this is appropriate for the dean, but I do think it's a good idea to ask *someone* about where med students typically go to study.

You could also ask about the general political atmosphere of the school.