hamsterpants

7+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2009
Status
Psychology Student
So my POI (is that what we continue to call them?) wants to set up a time next week to have an in-depth phone conservation. This will be the first one since I was accepted and I accepted the offer.

Does anyone have any ideas of questions I should ask? I know there is a lot to talk about and I'm afraid I'll forget some important ones.

anyone else do something similar after accepting?

Thank you!

krisrox

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2009
Status
Other Health Professions Student
So my POI (is that what we continue to call them?) wants to set up a time next week to have an in-depth phone conservation. This will be the first one since I was accepted and I accepted the offer.

Does anyone have any ideas of questions I should ask? I know there is a lot to talk about and I'm afraid I'll forget some important ones.

Thank you!

I know my faculty advisor (I think that's probably a better term) keeps asking if I have any questions about funding. I also asked him a few questions about insurance and grants- stuff that I forgot to ask during the interview or that I had forgotten since then.

Jan 15, 2010
Status
Non-Student

Thank you!

I did something similar - more to clarify the points within the acceptance letter. [They still aren't sure what my source of funding may be, so running through the various options and assistantship duties required].

I feel [at least for me] everything was such a blur after interviews, it's never a bad thing to re-ask questions once you can actually focus on that particular program [where people live, what your advisor anticipates your first semester/year schedule to be].

Another great one that I haven't asked yet would be to start a conversation about how you can prepare over the summer. Recommended readings, etc. Never too early for a thesis idea :)