questions to ask POI, after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamsterpants

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my POI (is that what we continue to call them?) wants to set up a time next week to have an in-depth phone conservation. This will be the first one since I was accepted and I accepted the offer.

Does anyone have any ideas of questions I should ask? I know there is a lot to talk about and I'm afraid I'll forget some important ones.

anyone else do something similar after accepting?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So my POI (is that what we continue to call them?) wants to set up a time next week to have an in-depth phone conservation. This will be the first one since I was accepted and I accepted the offer.

Does anyone have any ideas of questions I should ask? I know there is a lot to talk about and I'm afraid I'll forget some important ones.

Thank you!

I know my faculty advisor (I think that's probably a better term) keeps asking if I have any questions about funding. I also asked him a few questions about insurance and grants- stuff that I forgot to ask during the interview or that I had forgotten since then.

Thank you!

I did something similar - more to clarify the points within the acceptance letter. [They still aren't sure what my source of funding may be, so running through the various options and assistantship duties required].

I feel [at least for me] everything was such a blur after interviews, it's never a bad thing to re-ask questions once you can actually focus on that particular program [where people live, what your advisor anticipates your first semester/year schedule to be].

Another great one that I haven't asked yet would be to start a conversation about how you can prepare over the summer. Recommended readings, etc. Never too early for a thesis idea :)