Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

theking

What type of questions should one ask during the interview? about the curriculum etc. (specially at tufts, NYU, Temple, UMich, BU, and case)(please dont answer with "ask what you feel is important to you", I just want to look intelligent at the interview and get in!!!lol)

Members don't see this ad.

It does help to ask questions about areas that are of interest to you. People give off a lot of clues about their genuine feelings (body language, voice inflection etc) when they discuss topics with other folks. The ones listening to you will react to those clues knowingly and/or unknowingly.

So, you ask, how do I identify my relevant interests? Well, peruse the info that is put out by each dental school. For example, one school might mention it has a program designed to treat medically compromised patients. Does that get you excited because you have thought about becomming an expert in treating dental patients who have AIDS? If yes, then hey, you have found your ticket. Run with it. Go prepared to ask questions about the program to treat medically compromised patients: How can students get involved in the program? What are you discovering about treating such patients? What techniques are you using to best insure the safety of those providing the treatment? Your heart felt interest will show through and you will sail through that part of the interview. Hope that helps. Good luck.