1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

questions?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jhlauc, Jun 19, 2002.

1. jhlauc

jhlauc New Member

Does anybody know which medical school does not require a bachelors? What about states that absolutely requires the BA/BS in addition to the MD degree for licensure? Because, if I get into medical school without bachelors, I want to avoid practicing in those states.

Anyone with knowledge on this matter please reply.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ellerose

ellerose Member
    7+ Year Member

I think you are going to be very hard-pressed to find medical schools that will accept you without a bachelor's degree. I am sure that a couple exist (refer to the MSAR to find out which those schools are), but even if they don't require it, you probably still have to be super stellar for them to consider you without one.

As far as your other question, I think as long as you have an MD, regardless of your undergraduate education, and pass the licensing exam in that particular state, you can practice in that state. I may be wrong, but it seems logical to me.

Get your bachelors degree!!! Don't take a chance by not pursuing one!

4. scootad.

scootad. Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I believe there are a few 7-year combined degree programs that accept students straight out of high school after which they earn a bachelors and M.D. together. I think the Sophie Davis school in NYC and Brown medical school are examples of this.