Quick AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I know that we can't press submit until June 1st, but what day can you usually start filling out the AMCAS, particularly the 2007 AMCAS? I'm asking because I'll be out of the country next year from May 13 to June 19, so I wanted to see if I could at least fill out the AMCAS before I leave, and then get my parents to press submit on June 1st while I'm gone. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS is released about a month before first day of submission. So you can start as early as around May 1st, to work on your amcas. If you really want an idea of what is entailed in filling out amcas, you can create your username and password right now and open up an account with them and fill out the basics so you can get to the other portions of the amcas. Oh and I'd start doing the personal statement ahead of time.

doctajay said:
Hey everyone. I know that we can't press submit until June 1st, but what day can you usually start filling out the AMCAS, particularly the 2007 AMCAS? I'm asking because I'll be out of the country next year from May 13 to June 19, so I wanted to see if I could at least fill out the AMCAS before I leave, and then get my parents to press submit on June 1st while I'm gone. Thanks.

Also, submitting on June 1st isn't as big of a deal as it's sometimes made out to be, because med schools don't get to download the apps until July. I submitted AMCAS on June 20th, was verified on June 23th, and schools got my app in the very first batch.

Do get your transcripts to them ahead of time, of course, and like gujudoc said, it's never too early to start on your PS. Same goes for LORs.

Good luck! :luck:

If I'm applying for the AMCAS 2007, and it opens on May 1st, how early can I start sending in my transcript? Can I send it in before May 1st, or should I send it after May 1st? Thanks.