Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Quick AMCAS Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NTS3, Aug 20, 2001.

1. NTS3

NTS3 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am working on my AMCAS application and was wondering if someone could help me. I noticed the directions say to fill in the "exact course name" in the coursework section. Does this mean exactly as it appears on the transcript (even if what is on the transcript is so abbreviated that you can't tell what kind of course it is) or change it to the longer name. For example, my first Gen Chem is on my transcript as "Found I Principles" which stands for Foundations in Chemistry I.
    For General Chemistry II the transcript (different school) sayes "General Chemistry" without the "II." Is it OK to add the "II"?

This is too tedious for my taste. Thanks for your help.

2. Md 2b In TN

7+ Year Member

Hey, If i were you i could put just Gen Chem I and Gen Chem II. Those applications are made to encompass all schools across the nation. If you look in the pre-reqs section on most Med Schools it say Gen Chem w/ Lab. They should know what you are talking about. Just use common sense and don't read into everything.

3. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would list the exact course name. cuz that is what med schools see. you dont want some old fart looking at ur application and thinking that your were to lazy to type the names of these classes for him. anyway, that's the way i see it. good luck!

4. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't forget to add "and lab", if the lab was included with the class. That's hidden in the help somewhere.

On my transcript, I had a couple of courses that were "special problems" because I worked out a deal to separate a bio lab from the class. I put "special problems" and then "for INTR BIO I" or something like that. The space isn't very long though, so it might be hard to squeeze everything in.

Good luck!