Quick LOR Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

het het

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tried seraching for this, but I'm still a little bit confused.

I am intending to apply this cycle. Can I submit my app for verification, even though I have not indicated who will be writing my LORs? If so, when I add my letters, will this slow my app at all? I ask because I did not know that we need each writer's address, and this will take me about a week or so to get.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit your application to get verified without the LoRs. When you do add your LoR info, it will not slow the verification of your app. Just make sure you have your LoRs in and assigned to schools by the time you submit any secondaries that you receive.

You can submit your application to get verified without the LoRs. When you do add your LoR info, it will not slow the verification of your app. Just make sure you have your LoRs in and assigned to schools by the time you submit any secondaries that you receive.

Fivo, thanks for the quick response.

Just to clarify though- so its ok that I submit my application for verification, even though I have not indicated who will be writing any of my letters at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I did that before I got my letters in. Do not wait. Go get verified ASAP

Most definitely. You can submit your app while not filling ANY of the LoR information out. It isn't needed to get verified, so for now don't worry about it. Once you submit your app, you'll have about a month to worry about your LoRs :)