Quick Poll for those that have been Accepted / Attending Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quick Poll for people that have been Accepted or now in Medical School

• All Sciences At a Community College (CC).

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Split - Some Classes at a CC and some at a University

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • All Science classes at University.

Votes: 74 77.1%

• Total voters

thomasfx10

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I wanted to know how many applicants were accepted into medical school that took either All, Some, or None of their Science Classes at a community college.

I have seen a few posts on community colleges but not a poll …

I have taken all my sciences at a CC due to financial reasons and my Uni not offering them (Christian Uni). I hope that it will not hinder me when I apply.

(I know there are many other variable in getting into medical school)

This poll is anonymous so feel free to be honest …

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I took 3 semesters at a CC, transferred to a medium sized university and got into med school just fine.

But, most of my CC classes were Bio prereqs (english, history ect) and most of my university classes were upper level science. Nobody really cared, they all acknowledged that it was a cheaper way to go and I still got in.

I transfered about 60 credits from CC, and had no problem with them getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took 3 semesters of introductory science at the CC. No difficulties getting in.

In fact, my grades were best at the CC, I explained that I did a lot better with the small class sizes at the CC and that this was a plus of attending the school I'm going to. The total enrollment (all 4 years) is less than some of the science classes I took at my University. They seemed to like that explanation.

Took three semesters at a CC and then transferred to a four year university for the rest. Never came up in my interviews.

According to the poll it looks like the majority is All at Uni. I do see one person (thank God!) that had taken all at CC and still got in. Anymore people like to share ... thanks!

Crush the MCAT and it shouldn't be much of a problem. If someone asks in an interview, you can clearly explain your reasons for it. Did you take upper level sciences at your cc?

Med schools arent going to give two ****s where you did your science courses, as long as you did well in them.

Most people took all of theirs at 1 uni because that's logistically the easiest thing to do. A lot of us needed those classes for our majors anyway...why take them anyplace else?

I had sort of a funky educational path, so I wound up taking some of my science courses really early and transferred them to my university when I was old enough to leave home for school. It was brought up in one of my interviews, but I don't think it was a big deal for most schools. Just do well in your classes wherever/whenever you take them :)