Quick Question About Retaking the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FatsyWatsy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure this question has been answered several times, however i was unable to locate the answer in the vast number of posts relating to retaking the MCAT. that being said, my question is this:

if ive already taken the mcat and got a decent score, but want to take it again nonetheless, will the schools consider my application with the score ive already gotten, or will they wait to recieve my new score before they consider my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I am sure this question has been answered several times, however i was unable to locate the answer in the vast number of posts relating to retaking the MCAT. that being said, my question is this:

if ive already taken the mcat and got a decent score, but want to take it again nonetheless, will the schools consider my application with the score ive already gotten, or will they wait to recieve my new score before they consider my application?

They will consider you now, with your current score, unless you specifically call them up and ask to be held until your score comes available. Then they will consider both scores when you get your new one. They will still consider your second score once it comes even if they have already considered your first, so you might get later interviews if you request for a hold.