Quick question about shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keepcalm2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I shadowed/observed ER physicians while volunteering in the ER department but I didn't shadow one specific doctor. I shadowed like 4 or 5 doctors there, how would I list that out in my application? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you creating a separate work/activities entry for this shadowing? If so, in the description, just say that you shadowed 5 different doctors (know the number, don't say 4 or 5) in the ED over a span of X to Y. For the contact info, list one of the doctors.

What if the doctors don't remember me shadowing them? I'm not getting rec letters from any of them and I just shadowed each of them for a couple of hours a while ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Med schools generally won't call the contact information unless they think something sounds suspicious or fishy. Something as common as ED shadowing is very unlikely to prompt any one to call the doctor listed as a contact.

Reactions: 1 user
What if the doctors don't remember me shadowing them? I'm not getting rec letters from any of them and I just shadowed each of them for a couple of hours a while ago.
Put down a contact; they're not going to call them, and if they did, I'm sure the doc would either fudge or try to look you up before throwing you under the bus with a 'WHAT?!?! I RECALL NO SUCH PERSON *click*'