Quick Question for anyone who applied to/goes to MCG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Entirecropslost

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey MCG sent me a FORM for my references to fill out with my secondaries from from them; instead of asking for a traditional letter of recommendation. Does anyone know if they will accept a regular letter of recommendation? B/c long-story-short it'd be hard to get those forms filled out.

Members don't see this ad.

I called about this today, and the lady told me to just staple the letter to the reference form they sent out. And I asked so even if they wrote the letter before I gave them the sheet it's still okay, and they said yes. Has anybody else done the same thing b/c I'm a little nervous doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there is anyway possible, I would follow the directions.

i filled out the form and gave them to those writting my LOR's and they just put the form in the envelope with the letter.

Entirecropslost said:
I called about this today, and the lady told me to just staple the letter to the reference form they sent out. And I asked so even if they wrote the letter before I gave them the sheet it's still okay, and they said yes. Has anybody else done the same thing b/c I'm a little nervous doing that.
I didn't do anything with those forms and got in, so it won't keep you from getting in. If you can do it, go for it, but if your school does an e-filing of letters, don't bother.

AGHHHHHHHH, this one lady said it was okay not to have them fill out the form, but I wasn't 100% sure if she understood me or not. So I called again and they just said yes they need to fill it out, but i think it was just some secretary giving me a generic answer. I don't think I'm going to give it to my references though b/c it ask ******ed questions my references wouldn't be able to answer well, AND my references are either leaving for vacation soon or already left for like a month. And advice?!

Hey just came across this thread randomly.

I called MCG about this and spoke to someone "high up" (they had to transfer me twice, so I think that's a good indication) and they told me just to fill out those forms with the letter writer's name and other info and write "letter on Virtualevals" on them and then just mail them in with my secondary. So I think they're not that important.

Hope this helps.