quick question on a secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbujaMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
one of my secondaries ask to list my collegiate extra curricular activities. Does that mean restricted to the college like sports and clubs or all the health stuff ive been doin on the side like research, volunteering, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would take that to mean any extracurricular activities (non-academic) that you actively participated in during your college career. So yes, research, volunteering, sports, etc. would all count.

I would take that to mean any extracurricular activities (non-academic) that you actively participated in during your college career. So yes, research, volunteering, sports, etc. would all count.

agreed.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about a P/F class like dance? Is that an EC? Say the applicant took the class for a year.

I seriously doubt that I'd put it down given that I have other more salient things to write, but still...what do you think?

What about a P/F class like dance? Is that an EC? Say the applicant took the class for a year.

I seriously doubt that I'd put it down given that I have other more salient things to write, but still...what do you think?

Did you take it for credit? Even if it's a P/F course like dance, that's not an EC - that's an academic class.

It might be arguable if you did something like a preceptorship or independent study for credit - I did each of these things but still listed them as ECs in AMCAS and on secondaries. But a dance class? I don't think that would cut it...

Did you take it for credit? Even if it's a P/F course like dance, that's not an EC - that's an academic class.

It might be arguable if you did something like a preceptorship or independent study for credit - I did each of these things but still listed them as ECs in AMCAS and on secondaries. But a dance class? I don't think that would cut it...

Yeah, I *used* what I learned outside the class, for dance parties, competitions, etc. but not very much or very often. And it was only for one year.

I'm not exactly lacking in ECs...so it's doubtful that I would be inclined to include it.

Thanks for the response anyway, chad :) You're very helpful!