Quick Question on Postcards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xararsis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN'ers I got a quick question for you. This will go a long way in showing you all just how neurotic I am but I had a question with these postcards I got. I wanted to include them in the hard copy packets I'm sending to schools as a self-addressed self-stamped postcard they can send back to me. Just an easy way for them to let me know they got all my stuff.

Thing is, the only postcards I've found in my area that are cheap have this vacation-ish picture of Miami FL on the front. Do you think admissions will care that this is the postcard I've used? Is it so bad that I should try to find something else? Am I being crazy? What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey SDN'ers I got a quick question for you. This will go a long way in showing you all just how neurotic I am but I had a question with these postcards I got. I wanted to include them in the hard copy packets I'm sending to schools as a self-addressed self-stamped postcard they can send back to me. Just an easy way for them to let me know they got all my stuff.

Thing is, the only postcards I've found in my area that are cheap have this vacation-ish picture of Miami FL on the front. Do you think admissions will care that this is the postcard I've used? Is it so bad that I should try to find something else? Am I being crazy? What do you all think?

I dunno, I would try to find something else. My take is that the competition is tight enough, why do anything that might draw negative attention to your app? If it's an option, the post office sells very plain pre-stamped postcards for 28 cents each. You can also buy them online at https://shop.usps.com.

Last edited:
You could also print out your own on plain/simple card stock.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are postcards absolutely necessary? There are some programs where I'm only going to be sending transcripts and ETS scores and the rest is online, though one or two does want a complete application package, and those that do usually keep you posted on what they have online (I think).

That being said I imagine you don't want to be calling the department secretary constantly. Is sending your application package certified mail also an option?

They need to invent gps tracking stamps :)

you could just go to the post office and say you want the pre-stamped postcard. They are simple white card and have postage pre-printed on them. I don't even know if you pay extra for the card, but at the most it's a few pennies per card in addition to the 28cents for the postage.

I just used index cards. They work just as well and you can get a large pack of them.