Quick question regarding amcas application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question..
Well, I know from reading threads here last year that AMCAS took a while verifying a lot of applications.

I haven't yet taken my mcat and I plan on applying for this cycle (yeah, I know what you're thinking). Can you still complete the coursework part of your application and get your transcript verified in the meantime? How does that work?

Members don't see this ad.

If I'm correctly interpreting what you're saying… Yes. As long as you have the classes completed by matriculation, you should be fine.

If I'm correctly interpreting what you're saying… Yes. As long as you have the classes completed by matriculation, you should be fine.

Okay. I've already graduated so it's all completed. So I can fill out that stuff on AMCAS at the earliest possible time and get my transcript verified? Basically, I don't have to wait until my mcat is in is what I'm asking I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely! I did the same thing when I was applying. You want to have everything else done when you get your score.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have to wait until my mcat is in is what I'm asking I guess.
Correct.

And just for general information, the AMCAS website acknowledges the untoward verification delay last year and states that they've hired extra help this year so the same thing won't happen. Their disclaimer is that another big increase in applicants can't be predicted and could cause delays regardless.